ST.JOHNS -GOWER STREET -JELLY BEAN ROW
  ST JOHNS -DUCKWORTH ST
  St Johns
_DSC6365 (Large).JPG
  LOOKING DOWN FROM GOWER STREET TO ST JOHNS HARBOR
  Gower St
  Cabot Tower -Signal Hill -First Transatlantic wireless cable transmitted here 1901
  VIEW OF ST JOHNS FROM SIGNAL HILL
  Cape Spear Lighthouse -National historic Site and most easterly located lighthouse in North America
  The 1835 Lighthouse at Cape Spear
  Both Cape Spear Lighthouses
  Fort Amherst at Entrance to St John’s Harbor. First lighthouse in NFLD was built here in 1810 -Current lighthouse was built in 1951
  Quidi Vidi Village - a neighborhood of St Johns
  Quidi Vidi Brewery -Nfld and Labradors largest craft brewery. Located at QV harbor.  Famous for its world class ” Iceberg Lager” made with water harvested  from Icebergs  found off the coast of NFLD.
  QV Harbor Fishing sheds
  QV Harbor
  Petty Harbor -When one side gets worn out -juts add on
  Old grave yard Petty Harbor
  Petty Harbor
  Dories at Petty Harbor
  Petty Harbor -looking South
  Wharf road -Petty Harbor
  Capt Doug Howlett mending the pots -Petty Harbor
  Bird Islands off Witless Bay -Witless Bay is a fishing community and is home to the Witless Bay Ecological Reserve, which contains North America's largest Atlantic Puffin colony and the world's second-largest colony of Leach's Storm-petrels. There
  Grounded -Witless Bay
  Running the Goat Books & Broadsides— Tors Cove — is a micro press that publishes children's literature of exceptional quality. Its publications celebrate the life and culture of Newfoundland and Labrador, and Atlantic Canada.   .
  The press has a working print shop  and is home to four vintage printing presses, and has a storefront area that sells work produced on site, as well as work by other local letterpress printers, printmakers, and publishers.    Many of Running the G
  The inspiration and owner of RTG.
  This is the village of Tors Cove —its off the main road but typical of many of the villages on the Irish Loop.    RTG is the Green Building -Far upper left.
  Grand Banks -Sharon’s Nook- Tea Room plus
  Grand Banks -Light at Harbor entrance
  Restored Captain’s house which is opposite the Seawall in town of Grand Banks
  Do you think the name on the dumpster was a coincidence ?
  Fortune Harbor -North End — Twilight was setting in —This is all natural light and as a result the shadows and reflections on the water were enhanced.
  Fortune Harbor -”The Sheds”
  Fortune Harbor -Dory
 Fortune Harbor
  Fortune Harbor -South End
_DSC6573 (Large).JPG
_DSC6560 (Large).JPG
  Lamaline Light house -Just off the entrance to the harbour at Lamaline are a collection of dangerous shoals and islets that is purportedly how the community received its name. Lamaline is a corruption of “La Maligne,” a French term meaning malignan
  Lamaline Light house
  The Lamaline Light/Lens
  Wayne ThornHill Lamaline LK
 Ferry between Fortune and STP — Peole only -Ferry can accommodate cars -but no car ramp in Fortune !
  View from the light
  Patrice Tronquee -Lifetime seaman, who has traveled the globe,  and now is the  SE officer on the Ferry
  Saint Pierre and Miquelon, officially the Overseas Collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon is a self-governing territorial overseas collectivity of  France.  It is located approx 18 miles offshore of Fortune Newfoundland or a 75 minute Ferry Ride
  St Pierre street map
 De Gaulle Square
  Dory Sheds/Launch Ramps  -St . Pierre
  Working the ropes to launch the Dory
  Dory Launch —This dory had been rebuilt by Assoc.Les Zigotos -a group dedicated to restoring vintage dories. Signed by the townspeople for luck
_DSC6950+%28Large%29.jpg
  Crab Pots and Dory sheds
  Some of the Zigotos members after the launch at their shed
  Work in Process
  The Zigotos craftsmen and a Dory under restoration
  This imposing industrial looking building, located in the middle of town on a residential street, is Lycée-Collège d'État Émile Letournel and is a combined Primary, Junior high school and Senior high school/”sixth-form “college”. The school handles
  Rue De La Fauvette —The Keatings lived here between 1868-1896    Their house was on the right side and is long gone but located approx between where  the yellow house with the red trim and the purple house are located.
  Old Village House early 1900’s
  Vintage Cottage St Pierre
  L'Île-aux-Marins (literally "The Island of the Sailors"; before 1931 called  Île-aux-Chiens , literally "Island of the Dogs") is a small island (middle of the picture)  located just outside the harbor of St Pierre and was a commune until 1945, when
  L'Île-aux-Marins- some of the last few houses
  L'Île-aux-Marins
  L'Île-aux-Marins  -Some of the houses have been restored and are used during the summer months
 Church at L'Île-aux-Marins
  The rugged coat line provides the backdrop to the Stations of the Cross on the Island
_DSC6895 (Large).JPG
      L'Île-aux-Marins    T ransPacific Wreck      The transpacific was a cargo ship flying under a German flag      On May 18, 1971, the German flagged general cargo ship  Transpacific    kaving lost use of of its navigational aides was caught fast
  That night the fishermen descending by the score became intent on looting the vessel’s cargo. Close to 70 island dories carried off cargo, furnishings and provisions.    The Captain returned with some of his crew the next day hoping to restart the
  What’s Left of  of L'Île-aux-Marins village center
  East Trinity
  MIck Feehan’s Workshop- Melrose NFLD
  Mick-=Artist, photographer, wood carver extraordinaire and Gentlemen!
  From Eagles,to whales, to puffins . Mick carves each walking stick
  One of Mick’s many talents
  Sometimes Carvings not necessary when you have Roots like this
 On Rte 239 on the way to Bonavista
  Ellinston
  Elliston—What a great view from your backyard
  A home on Iceberg Alley
  Vintage but still functional -Elliston
  Ellington
  Bonavista -Old shed sitting seaside
  SPILLARS COVE
  Ice off Bonavista
  Point Bonavista lighthouse
  The treacherous coast line of Bonavista
  Point Bonavista Generator House
  The Ice Flow in early May was something else. There were times when I could count 12-15 Icebergs . Also a fw had floated in close enough to the shore to capture a decent photo . This is at Cape Bonavista
  Between Spillars Cove and Bonavista
  Point Bonavista Lighthouse
  Trinity Village
  TRINITY ANGLICAN CHURCH AND GRAVE YARD
  Trinity—Backyard view
 Trinity
_DSC7116 (Large).JPG
  Trinity—Parish Hall at end of street
_DSC7171 (Large).JPG
  Trinity Boat Shed
_DSC7972 (Large).JPG
  St Patrick’s Church  / Lawn Bell steeple
  Trinity harbor and the house on the hill
 Trinity
_DSC7236 (Large).JPG
  St Patrick’  Parish Hall
_DSC7133 (Large).JPG
  Its  a picket fenced village
  Trinity Drug Store !
_DSC7624 (Large).JPG
  It’s a village of Colors
  The Artisan Inn and Restaurant -Excellent accommodations ,food and staff
  Trinity from the seaside trail
_DSC7955 (Large) (2).JPG
  Leaving Trinity
  RTE 239 -Trouty
_DSC7914 (Large).JPG
_DSC7717 (Large).JPG
  Outside of Goose Cove
  Small Village Rte  239
_DSC7740 (Large).JPG
  Church and Grave Yard GC
_DSC7719 (Large).JPG
  Goose Cove
  Weather Beaten
  Dories -Old Bonaventure Harbor
 Lobster Shed OBH
   Village of New Bonaventure Harbor
   Village of New Bonaventure Harbor
  Joe’s Bar -Closed for the Season -New Bonaventure
 Rest Rooms at Joe’s —what did you expect ?
  NB Harbor
  NB Bed and Breakfast with a view of Joe’s
  NB Vintage Barn -just above Joe’s
_DSC7853.JPG
  View of Joe’s from the village
_DSC7897 (Large).JPG
   My Guess  a Hunters shed—Somewhere between St Johns and Burin in the middle of nowhere
  There may have been 660 collisions  last year but I  DIDN’T SEE ONE
prev / next